Captain: Esther Swamidason
Teacher-in-charge: Miss. Mazahim
Coach: Miss. Rosanna Fernando
Days of practices: Mondays (1.45 pm to 3.30 pm)
Brief detail about activity
· The game of chess is used as an educational tool to increase the thinking skills to a higher level, to promote an understanding of mental well-being and to build self confidence among the Metho-ites.
- Some players of our under-20 chess team captained by Thupika Ganesharaja, participated and fared well in the Royal College 17th Annual All Island School Chess Championship from the 18th of January- 20th January 2014.
- Some of our players took part in the Western Province Chess Championship organized by the Golden Square International Chess Association held on the 27th and 28th of June at the Rathnavali Balika Vidyalaya, Colombo 8.
- Primasha Perera (8th place)
- Hemangi Kandeepan (9th place)
- Hasini Samaratunga (4th place)
- Thupika Ganesharaja (2nd place)
- Sandini Fernando (4th place)
Others who took part in the competition
- Enceletta Solomon (Under 13)
- Piranave Pradeepkumar (Under 14)